Dear Downtown Business/Organization,
Effective January 1, 2022, the Oswego Downtown Association became a committee under the Oswego Area Chamber of Commerce.
Previously, many members would pay both the ODA annual membership fee ($150 per business) and their Chamber yearly dues (starting at $185 per year). Starting with the merger, the annual membership fee to join the Oswego Downtown Association is only $25 if your business is a member of the Oswego Area Chamber of Commerce. Additionally, current ODA members will have their chamber application fee waived.
If you choose to not become a member of the Oswego Area Chamber of Commerce, your ODA dues will be $200 for the Association and $25 to cover extra police expenses, for a total of $225.
Oswego Downtown Association Benefits
- Access to information/planning on major Downtown Events and calendar for each year, both listing Signature Events and other downtown happenings.
- Benefit of legal coverage through Liability Insurance at events and other happenings.
- Decal sticker to display at the businesses to show membership.
- Opportunity to be involved in monthly Association meetings, and invitation to sub-committees for downtown event planning and proposals.
- Input on Downtown Beautification/Enhancement Projects.
- Participation in group social media promotions and marketing for the downtown, as well as printed advertising such as the Village Newsletter, Shaw Media, etc.
- Access to online group-only Downtown Association Facebook communication page and listed in ODA emails.
The Oswego Downtown Association will host/hosted the following 2023 Signature Events as part of your membership:
- Chocolate Walk – February 4, 2023
- Bunny Hop – April 1, 2023
- Sidewalk Sales – July 17 – 22, 2023
- Fall Fox Fest – October 1, 2023
- Small Business Saturday – November 25, 2023
- Cookie Walk – December 2, 2023
Additionally, other official downtown events will be hosted throughout the year, and may include:
- Trick or Treating – October 28, 2023
- Christmas Walk – December 1, 2023
- Holiday Reveal Night – November 2023
- Mom’s Day Out, Ladies Day Out (TBA)
*NOTE: These events are facilitated and promoted through the ODA and may have a small participation fee per event.
Requirements of Oswego Downtown Association Membership
- Dues ($25) must be paid in full by February 1 each year. Payments may be made payable by check to “Oswego Downtown Association” and delivered to Angie at the Chamber office (25 E Jackson St, Oswego) and your chamber membership must stay valid for the entire year. If you would like to pay by credit card, a square invoice will be sent to you upon request.
- Complete registration form via email for each event.
- Required to serve on the planning committee of one of our Signature events.
- Volunteer to help at Fox Fall Fest in some capacity – set up, during the event or clean up
Communication of all activities of the Oswego Downtown Association is done via email and via our private Facebook group. If you are not receiving ODA correspondence, please contact Angie Hibben (Oswego Area Chamber of Commerce) at
630-554-3505 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list. Please submit your information via email as soon as possible. If you have questions about the group, please feel free to contact an Oswego Downtown Association committee chair (contact emails are listed below).
Thank you for your consideration and membership- we look forward to serving our community more efficiently as the new Oswego Downtown Association.
Angie Hibben, ODA Treasurer & Chamber President/CEO
Oswego Area Chamber of Commerce
Karen Kulzer, Secretary
Fox River Academy of Music and Art, Inc.
Wendy Greenslade, Committee Chair
Locked In Photography
Leslie Hildebrandt, Committee Chair
Hudson Design House
Kelley Rice, Committee Chair
Imagination Print and Design