Oswego Downtown Association
2019 Membership Information/Registration
Dear Downtown Business/Organization,
Since 2018, our downtown has established a formal Downtown Association with bylaws, board of directors and official paperwork filed and completed. We are a 501c6 organization with up-to-date information, general planning / notification, and monthly financial statements presented at our monthly meetings. The annual membership fee to join the Oswego Downtown Association is $125.
Oswego Downtown Association Benefits
· Access to information/planning on major Downtown Events and calendar for the year, both listing Signature Events and other downtown happenings.
· Benefit of legal coverage through Downtown Liability Insurance at events and other happenings.
· Decal sticker to display at the businesses to show membership.
· Involvement in monthly Association meetings and sub-committees for downtown event planning and proposals.
· Quarterly survey (March, June, September, December) targeting specific seasonal events (as part of the Downtown Association), along with the opportunity for suggestions/opinions.
· Vote/feedback on Yearly Downtown Beautification/Enhancement Project.
· Participation in group social media promotions and marketing for the downtown, as well as printed advertising such as the Village Newsletter, Shaw Media, etc.
· Access to online group-only Downtown Association Facebook communication page.
· Have your business highlighted on the “Downtown Special Spotlight”, where downtown businesses are selectively featured on social media through video and photos on a specific week.
The Oswego Downtown Association will host the following Signature Events in 2019: Bunny Hop, Fall Fox Fest , Small Business Saturday, and Cookie Walk . Other downtown events that may be hosted throughout the year include (might have a small participation fee per event): Beats and Eats, Trick or Treating, Christmas Walk, Mom’s Day Out, Ladies Day Out, and the Chocolate Walk.
To Become or Renew Membership in the Oswego Downtown Association
· Complete online Registration Form (below) for each year.
· Association dues ($125), along with a Public Safety charge of $25 (covers cost of police at crosswalks on Main St./Washington when necessary for events) is due in full by March 1. Payments may be made via check (made payable to “Oswego Downtown Association”) and delivered or mailed to the Oswego Area Chamber office, 73 W. Van Buren St, Oswego. Payments may also be made using debit/credit card.
Communication of activities of the Oswego Downtown Association is done via email or messages posted on the Private Facebook page. If you are not receiving our correspondence, please contact Angie Hibben, Oswego Downtown Association Treasurer at 630-554-3505 or via email at email@example.com to get on the list.
Once you enter your registration information, you will be contacted within 3-4 days by a board member who will assist you in finishing your registration. If you have questions about the group, please contact one of the Oswego Downtown Association Board members, which are listed below.
Thank you for your consideration— we look forward to continuing to serve our community and downtown businesses as the Oswego Downtown Association!
Autumn Ramsey, Director
Hudson Design House
Wendy Greenslade, Director
Locked In Photography
Barb Rahn Tews, Director
The Marmalade Tree
Megan Dell’Aringa, President
Floral Expressions/Lil’ Emms
Kim Schulz, Vice President
Kimberly Ann Home Decorating Boutique
Angie Hibben, Treasurer
Oswego Chamber of Commerce
Karen Kulzer, Secretary
Fox River Academy of Music and Art, Inc.
Registration Form for Oswego Downtown Assn.
Please provide the following information in the designated fields below: